workout secrets your personal trainer wont tell you
Workout Secrets Your Personal Trainer Won't Tell You
Not getting results from your workouts? May be your personal trainer is holding back a few secrets that might help you. To know more about these secrets, read on...
- No Yoga and Pilates for Weight Loss: Yoga and Pilates are good to build core strength, but they are not useful, if you want to shed those extra pounds. If you want to lose weight and burn your fat, then opt for aerobic exercises like running, swimming, etc.
- No Workout on Empty Stomach: It is very important to eat something before you start working out. You can have a small portion of food containing carbohydrates before you hit the gym. This will fuel your workout and energize your body. If you exercise on an empty stomach, your body will not be able to sustain your workout and you will be exhausted in no time.
- Right Gear: Choosing the right gear for your workout session is very important. Do not wear worn out shoes and random pair of shorts from your wardrobe. Buy a good pair of sport shoes. This will help you in avoiding injuries to your knees and joints, and also keep your feet comfortable during your aerobic sessions. Wear clothes that are efficient in absorbing the sweat from your body.
- Ignore Texts and Calls: When you are working out, try to concentrate just on your session. Your phone will just break your focus and make you lose your concentration. So, it's better to keep your phone in your bag.
- Post Workout Diet: You should have intake of protein after your exercises. Your muscles breakdown during workouts. In order to build your muscles and help them grow, it is essential to provide them with protein after your exercise sessions.
- Intervals Help: The breaks that you take between your workout session will help you get better results. The breaks taken at regular intervals restore the energy of the body. If your breaks are too long, then it will spoil your momentum.
- Be Disciplined: You should see that your sessions are regular. Do not be late for your exercises as this wastes your time as well your trainer's time. Do not be lazy. You have paid for your sessions and so make every minute count.
- When Not to Attend Sessions: If you are not well and if you have not got enough sleep, then you should stay at home. You do not want to spread the germs, so stay home till you recover from your illness. If you lack sleep, then your body will be exhausted quickly. So, it is best to get adequate sleep to rest your muscles, as you obviously do not want to risk an injury!
- Verify When in Doubt: If you feel that your body is not showing any results, verify your workout schedule with an expert to see what is not working for you. Maybe, it's time for you to change your trainer.
- Moderate Smoking and Drinking: If you want optimum results for your workout, you should regulate your smoking and alcohol consumption. If you wish to detoxify, such a moderation will be very helpful.