itchy palms superstitions
Itchy Palms Superstitions
There are various superstitious beliefs surrounding itchy palms. The following write-up provides information about some of these beliefs.
Did you Know?'Having an itchy palm' is a phrase in English which means being greedy or having an unrealistic desire for riches. Interestingly, it is based on the superstitions that surround itchy palms.
- According to popular belief, an itch in the right palm indicates the possibility of a financial windfall, and scratching it would result in you losing your 'lucky money'. Hence, in order to get the 'green bucks', bear the irritation and make sure that you do not scratch your right palm.
- If you can't bear it any more, rub your palm on a wooden object. Wood is considered to be a lucky element, hence the term Touch wood.
- According to palmistry, an itching right palm symbolizes a transfer of active energy through your hand, and it is this very energy which is believed to be earning you money.
- In Ireland, it is believed that when the palm of the right hand itches, someone new is going to enter your life.
- Superstition about an itchy left palm is usually opposite to that surrounding an itchy right palm.
- According to this superstition, you are likely to spend or lose some money if your left palm itches. This means that you will have an unexpected financial strain.
- It may mean that you might break or lose something of great financial value, or have an unexpected car breakdown leading to huge bills!
- Again, you can counter the effect of your itchy left palm by rubbing it on a wooden object.
- In Central Maine, an itchy left palm is believed to be lucky and you might be in for a great financial surprise. You just need to spit on your left palm when it itches and rub it against the side of your hip.
- Both your palms itching together might signal towards a lucky and a fruitful day ahead.
- If both your palms itch together, put them into your pockets and then scratch them. This will get the money flowing into your pockets.
- The Hungarians have a very interesting take on itchy palms. They believe that whenever the palms itch, they should be rubbed against the hair. The number of hair that you can catch hold of in one stroke determines the amount of money you will earn.
- The Chinese however, consider the itching of palms as a bad omen, and try to relieve the itch soon as possible.