Are you troubled with tension headaches? Do not worry; here is some information regarding its causes and what you can do to get rid of them.
- Insomnia or trouble sleeping
- Tiredness and fatigue.
- Becoming irritated easily
- Loss of appetite
- Lack of concentration
- Sensitivity in the scalp, neck, and shoulders
- Pain in jaw the or neck (sometimes)
- Leading a Healthy Life: It is important for you to maintain and lead a healthy life. Like mentioned earlier, not only will this prevent the headaches, but will also improve the overall quality of your life. To maintain a healthy lifestyle, you need to have discipline in life. You need to eat healthy, and cut out junk food as much as possible. Also maintain a proper schedule for food, sleep, and exercise. Exercise is an important aspect of a healthy lifestyle. And if you can feel that the headache is coming on, why not sweat it out and feel it disappear?
- Manage Stress: Do not let the pressures of work or family get to you. Life is certainly hectic, but at the end of it, all that matters is your health, not the money you are making. De-stress your life and organize it. When you find yourself face-to-face with a stressful situation, it is best to relax and breathe, to let all the tension slip away. A great way to manage stress is by doing yoga.
- Relaxing your Muscles: Most tension headaches are because of tensed muscles in the neck and shoulders. Relaxing those muscles will go a long way in avoiding these headaches. A great way for this is doing yoga. Also using hot compresses is a great help. Massages are another way to relax bunched up muscles, and the best way to indulge in massages is to use the service of a professional masseuse.
- Improving Posture: Posture is the biggest culprit of these headaches. We all sit, stand, and walk with the worst possible posture. A good posture supports the body, and more importantly, it supports the neck and shoulders properly. There are ways in which you can improve your posture; to start with, you need to stand in a manner that allows your weight to be distributed on both feet. Never carry a bag on your shoulder that weighs more than 2 pounds. While sitting, always sit on a straight-backed chair.