According to astrology, the relative position and movement of celestial bodies, like the Sun, Moon, and other planets, holds the key to human affairs and other terrestrial matters of the planet. One prominent concept of astrology is astrological compatibility, which determines the ratio of success of a relationship between two individuals by comparing their horoscopes.
A horoscope is a chart depicting the positions of the celestial bodies at a particular time and place. There are 12 signs on this chart, each representing a particular spiritual energy. The houses on the chart, representing particular sectors, are numbered to show varying degrees of compatibility. This interpretation of compatibility is done on the basis of energy distribution pattern depicted on horoscope charts.
The astrological sign is the sign of the zodiac in which the Sun was present during the birth of the individual. Each specific astrological sign depicts the personality traits of the person born under that sun sign. That, however, doesn't mean that people born under other signs cannot depict these traits. It only implies that these traits would be prominent in the people born under this particular sun sign. For instance, the most prominent characteristic trait of people with Sagittarius sign is their love for freedom.
Astrological Signs Compatibility
Astrological signs help in determining the compatibility between two individuals based on their characteristics. For instance, a Sagittarius and an Aquarius would make a nice pair as both are optimist, full of energy, and none will try to tie the other down. In case of Sagittarius and Taurus though, the relationship will be hampered, as sooner or latter the Taurus will try to rein in the Sagittarius. For any relationship to be successful, understanding is the most important factor, and therefore, astrological calculations are used to find a person with compatible nature with the assumption that people with compatible signs bond better.
Astrological elements like fire, water, air, and earth play an important role in astrological compatibility.
- Aries is considered highly compatible with fellow fire signs, Leo and Sagittarius, as well as Aquarius and Gemini.
- Taurus, the bull, is most compatible with fellow earth signs, Virgo and Capricorn, and also with Pisces and Cancer.
- Gemini, the twins, go along well with Leo and Aries, other than the fellow air signs, Libra and Aquarius.
- Cancer is most compatible with water signs, Scorpio and Pisces, as well as earth signs, Taurus and Virgo.
- Leo, the lion, is comfortable with fiery Sagittarius and Aries, and also bonds well with Libra and Gemini.
- Virgo is compatible with fellow earth signs, Taurus and Cancer, other than Scorpio and Capricorn.
- Libra can bond well with air signs, Aquarius and Gemini, and also with Leo and Sagittarius.
- Scorpio is considered highly compatible with Capricorn and Virgo, as well as Pisces and Cancer.
- Sagittarius, the archer, is most compatible with fellow fire signs Leo and Aries, and is also known to bond with Aquarius and Libra.
- Capricorn is compatible with Scorpio and Pisces, other than fellow earth signs, Taurus and Virgo.
- Aquarius goes well with fellow air signs, Gemini and Libra, other than fire signs, Aries and Sagittarius.
- Pisces are most compatible with earth signs, Capricorn and Taurus, and water signs, Scorpio and Cancer.
In western astrology, different celestial bodies represent different traits of love. Venus is considered the planet of attraction, while Mars is considered the planet of passion. Even the Sun represents mutual honor and respect, a kind of love. Similarly, each of the 12 sun signs are associated with some or the other celestial body. Venus is associated with Taurus, the Sun with Leo, and Mars with Aries. With all this information reflecting in the horoscope chart, the interpreter can determine the emotional and romantic traits of the individual. Venus is considered to be the female principle, while Mars is considered the male principle. Therefore, the ideally compatible zodiac signs are more likely to have man's Mars in exactly the same position as the woman's Venus.
In the Indian astrology, the basic concept of matching horoscopes of two individuals starts from the constellations which were occupied by the Moon at the time of their birth. Here, different constellations represent different natures based on their cast, gana
, primordial elements, and their mutual harmony or resistance to certain stars. The important factors taken into consideration to determine compatible astrological signs include ...
- Varna (1 point)
- Vashya (2 Points)
- Tara (3 points)
- Yoni (4 points)
- Graha Maitri (5 points)
- Gana (6 points)
- Bhakoota (7 points)
- Nadi (8 points)
Each of these is assigned some points, which add up to 36. For two individuals to be compatible, the total of these points should add up to 18 points or more.
Vedic astrology also gives utmost importance to moon sign compatibility, wherein the compatibility between two individuals is determined with reference to their moon sign. Moon signs are determined by the presence of the Moon in a particular zodiac at the exact time of the individual's birth.
Though astrological compatibility can help a person to get his or her ideal match, it largely depends on the person himself as to how the relationship will work out in the future. Some people blame astrology for their relationship failure, but they fail to understand that human efforts are equally important for a relationship to be successful in the long run.