porridge calories in porridge
Calories in Porridge
A hot bowl of porridge enhances the beauty of the breakfast table. Porridge is a perfect dish for breakfast, because it is packed with protein and fiber. Are you thinking about calories in porridge? Read this Buzzle article if you are inquisitive about porridge nutrition facts.
|Porridge Type||Serving Size||Kcal|
|Quaker Oats Porridge, breakfast cereal||30g||110|
|Tesco Oats Porridge, breakfast cereal||50g||182|
|Asda Oats Porridge, breakfast cereal||50g||192|
|Whole Earth Organic Porridge, oats||100g||351|
|Crussh Summer Porridge||100g||150|
|Alpro Soya Light, no sugar, fortified with vitamins||100g||21|
|Milk, fluid, 2% fat, with vitamin A||240g||120|
- Proteins - 3.9g - 8%
- Dietary Fiber - 2.5g - 10%
- Total Carbohydrates - 21.7g - 7%
- Total Fat - 3g - 5%
- Saturated Fat - 0g - 0%
- Sodium - 0mg - 0%
- Calories from fat - 22 - 18%
- Calories from carbohydrates - 57.9%
- Calories from proteins - 10.4%
- As porridge is a good source of proteins, it promotes muscle growth.
- Being rich in fiber, it helps improve the health of the digestive system.
- Wholesome porridge is a satiating healthy food which has less cholesterol. It does not lead to any heart diseases.
- It keeps you satiated for a longer period and helps lower your food intake. It is a low-calorie food which keeps you full over an extended period.
- It is included in weight gain diets as well as weight loss diets. Body requires more energy to digest proteins, thus proteins take away extra calories. Of course, you need to control your daily calorie intake in any case.
- By adding different grains, milk and honey to the porridge, you can enjoy the health benefits of these ingredients. For instance, oatmeal is helpful for cholesterol regulation, weight loss, controlled glucose and insulin levels. It prevents heart diseases and reduces the risk of cancers. It enhances athletic performance, stimulates the function of the nervous system, prevents celiac disease, and acts as an anti-depressant.