most fattening foods
Most Fattening Foods
This article presents before us a comprehensive list of most fattening foods. One should control the consumption of these in order to maintain fats at a healthier level in the body.
- Ice Cream: Ice creams are known to contain a huge amount of fats, which should make us think twice about consuming them. Around 250-350 calories are provided by a single ice cream scoop. The additional ingredients like nuts, fudge, whipped cream, etc., raise the level to more than 1000 calories.
- Chocolates: It is one of the most energy-dense foods that lead to increase in fat levels of the body. Chocolates are known to contain 2,200 kJ/100gm, which is much higher for the weight of chocolate in comparison to other foods. Eating them regularly can lead to weight gain and obesity.
- Cheese: It is amongst the most fattening food items in America due to the inclusion of cheese-based fast foods, like burger and pizza, in the diet. It is very hard to digest and sticks to the walls of intestines, resulting into health problems like bloating. Fat storage in the body also rises with increase in consumption of cheese.
- Beer: If one is aware of the term beer belly, he/she must also have an idea about how this drink affects fat levels in the body. This drink has a high content of sugars, which increases the level of fats in the body. It is no wonder then that people who are habitual beer consumers develop a beer belly.
- Mayonnaise Salads: The consumption of mayonnaise can raise fat levels in the body considerably, as it is made from ingredients such as egg whites, oil, and other fats. This food is more fat inducing than most of the other foods discussed in this list. It is quite surprising then that majority of people do not even consider mayonnaise as a food with high fat content.
- Fried Foods: Fried foods, like French fries, are known to have a high fat content. The basic ingredient used in preparation of French fries is potatoes, which are responsible for increase in the fat content. On top of that, these fatty foods are loaded with oil, which makes them the worst food item in case one is concerned about reducing body fat. There are many other fried foods that have the same ingredients. One should, therefore, be careful in deciding the inclusion of fried foods in diet.
- Cream-based Soups: Cream-based soups contain high amount of fats due to the inclusion of cream while cooking them. It is a general perception that soups are healthy and nutritious foods, and the inclusion of salads in soups definitely makes them healthy foods. However, those with cream are fattening and unhealthy.
- Soda: The drinks with soda contain high amount of sugar, and are responsible for increase in body fat levels. Beverages with soda not only lead to fat storage, but also provide a temporary high in terms of energy. The empty calories of soda drinks are of no use to the body.