jogging tips and tricks
Jogging Tips and Tricks
Here are some jogging tips and tricks for all those who are planning to start this exercise regime regularly. Jogging is a favorite exercise of most of us, isn't it? This is probably because it is so easy and needs no investment except for some time. However, jogging the right way is very essential in order to get maximum benefit of the exercise.
- Do not go for a jog in hazy air. Instead jog indoors as haze can cause difficult breathing conditions. Going for a jog only in fresh air, not in polluted air is one of the most important tips for beginners. Also jogging on grass is a great idea.
- Never go for a jog on an uneven surface or a slope. Doing this might lead to an injury and pain in legs and reduce the benefits of this exercise.
- Remember to stretch your body after jogging, especially in winter as your body takes more time compared to summers to warm up. You can do exercises like push ups and sit ups.
- Don't start jogging all off a sudden, do it slowly and systematically. First start walking faster and then start going. This will not put a sudden pressure on your body.
- Remember to breathe through your nose while jogging. The nose maintains the balance between oxygen and carbon dioxide with the help of cilia and mucosa membranes. These are the barriers for unwanted air particles, so breathing through your mouth is completely unhealthy.
- Get ready for a jog by donning proper gear. Wear branded shoes, especially designed for jogging and wear a proper outfit that will absorb sweat. Using bright colors is good if you go for a jog in early morning when it is dark.
- Smoking decreases the stamina, so better quit smoking.
- Remember, if you are overweight, you must first consult your doctor before starting jogging. Also if you have a history of any leg joint pain, you must first talk to your doctor. Your doctor might suggest walking in this case.
- To make your exercise more interesting and fun filled you can take an iPod with you. Music and jogging together will help relax your mind.
- If you feel any strain or pain after jogging, you must consult your doctor before going for a jog again.
- Your back must be straight and the head and the spinal column must form a straight line
- Tighten your abdominal muscles in order to maintain the correct posture
- Keep your shoulders relaxed while jogging
- Roll through the entire step from heel to toe
- Swing your arms energetically when jogging. This will help to balance your body.
- Breathe throughout the exercise slowly and regularly
- Keep your fingers loose, do not clench your fists as it can cause cramping in the arms
- Your feet should be parallel to the direction you are running in. It will be easy on the bones, knees, and your back.