how to migrate from facebook to google
How to Migrate from Facebook to Google+
Are you looking out for a change to migrate from Facebook to Google+? This article will guide you on how to migrate all your Facebook information to Google+. Let's get started.
- First, log in to your Facebook account and click on Account, which is located on the upper right corner of the home page.
- Select Account Settings from the drop down menu of Account.
- On the Account Settings window, you will find Download a copy of your data, which is located in the bottom of the page.
- Click on download a copy, and you will be directed to a window, on which, you need to click on the button, Start archive.
- Once you click on Start Archive, your personal archive containing your information, will be generated and an email will be sent to you, once the archive is ready.
- Download the software, Facebook Friend Exporter and install it in your computer.
- Log in to your Facebook account, where you will find the tab, Export Friends in the main menu.
- After you click on Export Friends, you will be directed to a window, where you need to select, Let's get started!
- Cache all your photos and click on, Let's start.
- You will be given two options to export your friends list to Google+. One way is through Gmail, wherein you need to log in to your Gmail account and import your friends list and the another way is, through CSV (Comma Spreaded value).
- CSV is a simpler method, wherein you copy and paste the CSV file in a notepad, and save it in .csv format.
- Now, go to Google+ home page and click on Upload Address Book, and select the .csv file from the folder, where you have stored the file. That's it!
- Select the friends list that appear on your Google+ home page, and drag it and place them in the Friends Circle, which appears on your Google+ account.
- Download the software, Facebook Export.
- Log in to Google+, and follow the path: Videos → Upload new videos.
- Upload the photos which you have downloaded on your system, to Google+.
- Download Picasa.
- Add the photos, which you have downloaded, to Picasa. To do this, follow the path on Picasa: File → Add Folder to Picasa.
- After importing the photos to Picasa, find the photo album and click on Sync to web, which is on the upper right corner of the current window.
- A pop-up window will appear, on which you need to sign in with your Google+ account.
- A pop-up window asking you to verify the upload settings, will appear.
- Click on the option, change settings, and modify your settings.
- Enable the check box, Use the above settings.
- Go to Picasa, and click on sync button, and the uploading of your photos will be done automatically.