how to keep rabbits out of garden
How to Keep Rabbits Out of Garden
Are you frustrated with bunnies feasting on your flower beds and vegetable garden? Here are some tips to get rid of these furry pests.
- Fencing is considered the best way to keep rabbits out of the garden. You can use chicken wire for making such a fence. The fence should be at least two feet high, and must have strong stakes at a distance of every six to eight feet. It should be buried five to six inches into the ground, so as to prevent rabbits from digging holes into the garden.
- You may also opt for some natural ways to get rid of rabbits from your garden. Spread some human hair clippings in and around the garden, to repel rabbits. You may also use coyote urine for this purpose.
- Diluted chili pepper sauce is an effective homemade rabbit repellent, that can be sprayed around the garden. You may also purchase blood meal from a garden center, and spread it around the garden.
- Some people use cat litter for repelling rabbits. However, it is said that, cat litter contains bacteria, and it should not be used near edible plants. Sprinkling vinegar or hot pepper flakes may also work wonders.
- Planting clover or plantain weeds around the garden, is said to be an effective way for warding off rabbits. These plants are among their favorite foods, and you can divert their attention to these plants, rather than those in the garden.
- Plant onion in two or more rows, around your garden. This is one of the best methods to keep rabbits out of the garden, as these animals are averse to onion.
- Even strong-smelling soaps placed on different parts of the garden, can be effective in saving your garden from these animals.
- While motion detector sprinklers are good for scaring away rabbits from the garden, even pet dogs can do this job efficiently.