how to do sit ups to get the best result
How to Do Sit-ups to Get the Best Result
Sit-ups can be a great addition to your exercise routine, but if you do not do them correctly, it will simply be a waste of time. The following article will tell you the right way to do sit-ups, so that you get the best result.
- Lie on a padded surface, completely flat.
- Bend your knees, such that they roughly make an angle of 90 degrees.
- Keep shoulder distance between your feet.
- Your feet should be completely flat on the ground.
- You can keep your hands parallel to the floor, or on your chest, or just rest your fingers on the back of your head.
- Now slowly raise your torso towards your knees.
- Make sure that you are just using the abdominal muscles.
- Hold your position, when you reach approximately 40-50 degrees above the surface, for 5 seconds.
- Then slowly go back to the surface.
- Remember to exhale while going up, and inhale while returning to the surface.
- Do minimum 5 repetitions, in the beginning stage, you can increase the repetitions later.
- Increasing the speed of the movement of your sit-ups is useless.
- Ask someone to hold your feet firmly while you are doing a sit-up.
- Do not jerk, and keep the movement as slow as possible.
- You can increase the intensity of your sit-ups once you feel comfortable.
- Sit-ups with straight legs may cause problems to your back, so avoid them.
- If your stomach is full, never do a sit-up, else you might throw up!
- Accompanying twists (like right elbow to left knee) with sit-ups is not beneficial.
- The bending of the knees is to avoid the influence of the hip flexors, in the sit-ups.
- Do not interlock your fingers behind your head while doing a sit-up.
- In addition to sit-ups, perform other fat-loss exercises.
- I recommend you to take half a minute gap between each set.
- Sit-ups should be done regularly, to get the desired results.