allergy relief home remedies
Effective Home Remedies for Allergy Relief
Many natural methods and foods can help in getting relief from allergy. Here is information on some effective home remedies to treat allergies.
- Green Tea: Green tea contains natural antihistamine that helps in providing quick relief. You can have 1-2 cups of green tea every day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains properties that help in treating itchiness. It can be included in the diet, or can be diluted in water and applied externally on the affected area. It also helps in getting rid of bacteria and germs.
- Honey: Honey is one of the best natural products because of its several properties. Raw honey can be consumed regularly to enhance the resistance power and keep infections and allergies at bay.
- Ginger: Ginger is another natural remedy that is as effective as honey. It is also a natural antihistamine and decongestant. 1-2 thin slices of ginger can be added to tea or eaten with honey to treat and prevent allergies.
- Garlic: Garlic contains antiviral properties. Raw garlic is more effective than the cooked one. You can have 3-4 cloves of garlic mixed with honey every day to prevent allergies in cold weather.
- Peppermint Tea: Tea, in any form, acts as a natural decongestant. Peppermint tea, especially, helps in reducing sinus problems and helps in getting rid of cough.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops are helpful to treat eye allergies. Re-wetting eye drops help in flushing away allergens in the eyes.
- Nasal Sprays: You can use a saline nasal spray or a Neti pot to get rid of pollen allergy. Some people even use them regularly to prevent allergic reactions in future.