Organizations spend a lot of money gaining new customers through marketing, promotion, advertisements etc., but numerous studies over the years have proved that while adding new customers is absolutely essential, it is the existing customers, who to a large extent, determine the success or failure of an organization. Taking cue, organizations today put in a lot of effort to maintain an interactive relationship with their existing customers as this not only helps in repeated sales, but also in spreading positive word of mouth in the market. To cater to its customers, every organization has a customer service department. The employees in a customer service department are led by a customer service manager, commonly known as the team leader. Let us take a brief look at the educational requirements and the job description of a team leader.
Educational Requirements & Duties
Most of the customer service managers either have a bachelor's degree or a post-graduation in Arts or Science. Excellent command over English, ability to motivate others and effective leadership skills are some of the qualities that employers look forward to while recruiting someone for this position. Apart from these requirements, the ability to remain calm in trying situations is an important attribute that one must have. He should also have an ability to find a middle path to a situation as there are times when the customer's demands are ostensible.
The role of a customer service manager depends to a large extent on the domain in which he is employed. They may lead a team in a call-center, retail-outlet, bank, restaurant etc. In a call-center, they are required to lead a team of customer service executives who assist customers over the phone. All other domains, usually involve face-to face interaction with customers. Apart from being responsible for leading his team effectively, a customer service manager also acts as point of contact for customers who wish to pass on the feedback to the higher-ups in the organization. They also takes into account the preferences of the customers and helps the organization in planning its production and marketing strategy accordingly.
Home Phone no:
A career position in the Customer Service Department as a Customer Service Manager, using my experience and skills to add value to a customer-centric team.
Customer Service Manager
ABC Technologies, Paterson, New Jersey, 20XX - Present
- Managing a team of fifteen customer service representatives; providing technical assistance to mobile phone users.
- Ensuring that the customer's issue is resolved in the first call itself.
- Scheduling callbacks and dispatching technicians, if the issue could not be resolved from the call center.
- Taking escalation calls if customers were not satisfied after speaking to the customer service representative.
- Conducting team-meetings, briefings to motivate employees to perform to the best of their abilities and looking into their areas of concern.
- Discussing the areas of improvement and the challenges that executives faced during calls.
- Carrying out yearly appraisals; grooming team-members for the next level in their career.
Education and Training
Bachelor of Business Administration, Business Management
University of XYZ, 20XX
Customer Service Manager Certificate, 20XX
International Customer Service Association, 20XX
Hobbies and Interests
Personal interests include trekking, mountain-biking and playing basketball. Love reading thrillers and watching action movies. Have been actively involved with Sympathy, a Non-Government Organization which looks after the education of poor children.
Mr. Lawrence Scott
EFG Sales Corporation
- Helped the team to achieve 100% customer satisfaction in a month, with an average of 98% satisfaction during my tenure.
- Awarded the "Team Leader of the Quarter" in June, 20XX.
- Selected for providing training and assistance to newly recruited Customer Service Managers in 20XX.
- Nominated for the "Team Spirit Award" in January, 20XX.
- Salute to Excellence Award, 20XX.
You can alter the information according to your suitability. We hope that this article helps you with some information on the job role of a customer service manager. Wishing you the best of luck.